5615 Valley Ave. E., Tacoma, WA 98424
You’ll Love Our Invisalign Alternative To Braces
Instead of uncomfortable metal brackets and wires that have to be tightened regularly, Invisalign® uses a series of clear, plastic, custom-made aligners. They are virtually invisible, comfortable, and wearing them will gradually shift your teeth into place based on exact movements planned by your dentist. Every two weeks, you receive a new set of custom aligners; just pop them in and you’re ready to go!
Here’s more detail on the process:
- Schedule an appointment at our office. Dr. Phillips has been specially trained in the Invisalign® process. He’ll discuss your needs, treatment plan, and expected outcomes.
- Dr. Phillips will take digital X-rays and impressions to create 3-D images of your teeth. These are used to develop your personal treatment plan, including virtual images of how your teeth will look at each stage of the process. For adults, treatment typically takes 12-18 months.
- Every two weeks throughout treatment, you’ll receive the next phase of aligners. The aligners are thin, smooth, comfortable, and made of BPA-free plastic. Wear them throughout the day (20-22 hours per day), removing to eat, brush, and floss. They will gradually move your teeth into place, with minimal interference in your daily life. And perhaps best of all, most people won’t even know you’re wearing them!
- Every six weeks or so, you’ll have a check-up with Dr. Phillips so he can monitor your progress.
- At the completion of treatment, Dr. Phillips will advise you on how to keep your smile looking great, including whether you’ll need a custom retainer to keep your teeth in place. Then, you’ll be ready to celebrate your investment in a new smile!