5615 Valley Ave. E., Tacoma, WA 98424
Our Intraoral Camera Highlights Our High-Tech Dentistry
At our dental office, we prioritize patient care – which is why we invest in the most effective high-tech dentistry solutions available. This equipment allows Dr. Keith Phillips and his team to give you the best diagnostic and treatment options to achieve your oral health goals.
Here’s how this equipment helps improve and maintain your oral health:
- Intra-Oral Camera: This pen-sized camera takes digital images of your teeth that are then presented on a screen. This diagnostic tool allows us to see the condition of teeth and gums in great detail. It is also a great help when explaining treatment options, as you can see exactly how your treatment will progress.
- VELscope: Oral cancer, like any cancer, is most effectively treated at the earliest possible stage. Our VELscope uses light to trigger tissue fluorescence, detecting abnormalities that are closely linked to cancerous and precancerous cells. This means that the procedure is quick, effective and completely comfortable for our patients.
- Ultrasonic Scaler: This piece of equipment uses vibrations to quickly and effectively clear away dental plaque and tartar from the surface of your teeth. It can also be used to help prevent periodontal gum disease as it also removes bacteria from beneath the gum line.
- Laser decay diagnosis: This is a small, hand-held laser that can quickly and accurately detect any signs of tooth decay, even if it is invisible to the naked eye. This assists us to quickly discover and treat cavities, reducing your need for fillings and helping your mouth stay healthy.
- Digital Dental Impressions: Unlike the traditional way of making an impression of your teeth involving dental mold material and a tray to fit your mouth, this method utilizes a small camera to achieve a far more accurate result. This is easier and more comfortable for patients, as well as more accurate and efficient for our team. Using this technology, our in-house dental lab can fabricate a crown in just one visit.
Offering cutting-edge dentistry solutions to patients in the greater Tacoma, Federal Way, and Puyallup communities, we invite you to contact us today for an appointment.