Your teeth can become stained and lose their brightness due to cigarette smoke, chewing tobacco, tea, coffee, red wine, age, and even some medications. Yellow or darkened teeth take away the brilliance from your smile and can have a negative impact on your self-esteem. Professional teeth whitening done by a cosmetic dentist can give you a whiter, brighter smile – up to 12 shades lighter. Depending on the method used and your dental hygiene habits, professional whitening can last for five years or more, making it an effective, long-term, affordable solution.
When to have a teeth whitening procedure done?
- If you have stained or discolored teeth
- If you want a more youthful smile
- If you want to look confident and successful
- If you want to look your best for special occasions
After undergoing a teeth whitening procedure, your next concern is to make your whitened smile last as long as possible.
With proper care your whitening results can last for five years. There are a number of things you can do to ensure this happens:
- Maintain your usual routine of brushing and flossing every day.
- Keep up with your regular schedule of professional cleanings. Visit your dentist/hygienist for regular cleanings and checkups at least every six months.
- Avoid foods and beverages that stain, including red wine, tea and coffee.
- If you smoke, use your newly whitened teeth as an encouragement to quit the habit.
- A minor touch-up every so often, either at home or at the dentist’s practice, can keep your smile bright and beautiful for years.
A teeth whitening procedure is a safe, comfortable way to get a bright, white smile. The length of treatment time and results are determined by the severity of the stains and the desired whiteness. Serving the greater Tacoma area, we invite you to contact us today for an appointment. We look forward to helping you show the world a beautiful smile.
Back to Distinctive Dentistry